Sunday, July 26, 2009

Instead. One way or another.

It's Sunday, and I would love to be getting ready for church.

Instead, I am here, working on the computer, trying to ignore the burning skin across my back.

So, instead of complaining about the obvious; the facts of fatigue, obvious trouble walking, and no way to dress for anything, let alone church, if you cannot put any cloth against your back and therefore cannot wear anything approximating church-going attire,I will concentrate on the less-obvious.

Instead, these are the gifts of this morning. I can still see well enough to write and type, something some MS patients can no longer do. Despite cognitive problems, I am here, organizing ideas and sharing my thoughts. I am here, at all.

Instead, I'll praise God from here, and it will be enough.

Instead.

No comments: